2013 CAMP PACKING LIST
Below is a list of what to bring to be prepared for camp. This list is not all inclusive so please bring other essentials that you will need to be prepared.
Prescription medications should be given to the camp staff at Check-In. Please place medications in a ziploc bag with written instructions, dosage amounts, and times. If your camper is taking a general over the counter medication and is age appropriate and responsible enough to take the medication on their own, they may keep it in their room. However, please let the trainer know about the medication during check-in.
3100 Cullen Boulevard, Suite 2015 Houston, Texas 77204-6002
Or email to:
THE CAMP ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS. PLEASE LEAVE VALUABLES AT HOME AND ONLY BRING WHAT IS NECESSARY FOR CAMP.
2013 CAMP RULES
1. NO SMOKING, ALCOHOL, OR DRUGS. The use and/or possession of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, and any other illegal or inappropriate substance or items (firearms, lighters, matches, knives, etc.) by campers are prohibited. Any items found will be confiscated and a call to parents and appropriate law enforcement officials (if warranted) made. VIOLATIONS ARE JUSTIFICATION FOR IMMEDIATE EXPULSION FROM THE CAMP WITHOUT REFUND.
2. You are responsible for your room key and meal band. YOU WILL PAY THE REPLACEMENT FEE SET BY CAMPUS HOUSING.
3. Campers may not move to another room or have anyone move into their room. Campers must remain in the room assigned to them by camp staff.
4. Report any dorm problems to your floor counselor immediately. Floor counselors will report problems to our Dorm Supervisor as necessary.
5. Neither the camp nor the dorm is responsible for lost or stolen items. LOCK YOUR ROOM AT ALL TIMES.
6. Visitors who are not campers or camp staff members are not allowed in dorm rooms. THIS INCLUDES
PARENTS. Parents are not allowed on the floors at any time during camp. Campers may visit with parents or guests in the dorm lobby on the main floor.
7. Do not enter someone else's room without their permission and their presence.
8. You are responsible for damage to your room or the gym facilities. You will be billed for damages.
9. You are responsible for your room. Keep your room reasonably neat and organized. Do not move
furniture for any reason. Furniture must remain as it was when you arrived.
10. Shoes must be worn in the dorm lobby, hallways, elevators, stairwells, and cafeteria.
11. Stay only on dorm floors designated for volleyball camp.
12. Proper use of the elevator will be required. You will only be allowed on and off the elevator on the floors designated at the opening camp meeting. Failure to abide may result in elevators being off-limits.
13. Campers will be in their assigned room by 10:30pm and lights will be out by 11:00pm.
14. Campers must remain in the dorm during meal breaks and after the evening court session. CAMPERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE DORM FOR ANY REASON.
15. Campers caught outside of the dorm or in another camps room (i.e. a male soccer camper) will have their parents notified and could be sent home.
16. Horseplay, excessive noise or disobedience in the dorm, cafeteria, or gym will not be tolerated.
17. Campers will walk to and from all sessions with their coach.
18. Report any illness or injury to your floor counselor or coach who will refer you to an Athletic Trainer. The Athletic Trainer has final authority to allow you to miss a court session. If you must miss more than one court session due to illness or injury, we will contact your parents and you may be sent home.
19. Be extremely careful when walking through campus; no horse play, pay attention to where you are walking and use cross walks when crossing the street.
20. Balls will be assigned to each court. All balls must be counted and turned in before leaving the gym.
21. Campers may not leave the gym during any session. Notify your coach if there is an urgent problem.
22. Be on time and have all necessary items before each session. Have your water bottle, kneepads, shoes, and socks, and anything your coach requests ready before each session.
23. Do not leave anything in the gym after your session. Trash must be placed in trash cans. Clean up any spills. Take your belongings with you. Do not expect anything to be there when you return.
24. No gum or cell phones are allowed in the gym.
25. Be respectful of the college atmosphere at University of Houston. Also, be respectful in the
Dorms, others are sleeping. People are working, attending classes, and studying while you are at camp.
Your coaches, floor counselor, dorm supervisors, camp director and other staff members are available to help you with anything. Please let somebody know if we can help you or make camp more enjoyable for you.
Head Coach Kaddie PlattFollow Houston Volleyball: